June 06th, 2012 A.D.
Casual Quips on Our Capricious Culture, 1.4CATEGORIES: Uncategorized
- The Cardinal Newman Society has produced a video regarding the latest scandal at Georgetown University, their invitation to the Anti-Christess, Kathy Sebelius, to speak at one of their commencement events. The Society says Georgetown has “drifted” from its Catholic roots. From where I sit the school isn’t just drifting; it’s riding a bobsled.
- Someone might prove me wrong but George Bush, or Dan Quayle for that matter, never got anywhere near being as dumb as Joe Biden who in one of his recent gaffs forced his boss into a premature disclosure on where he stood regarding “gay marriage.” Oh, to be a fly on the wall when he and the President chatted about the effect this might have on their re-election. Then we read elsewhere the Veep intends to run for the presidency in 2016. I’d laugh myself into a coma except I’m from a state where we put a guy in a feather boa into the governor’s mansion and made another guy a U.S. Senator because he drove a green school bus.
- One more from our esteemed Vice President. While addressing a group of college students visiting the White House last month, he told them, “Your generation and the 9/11 generation before you are the most incredible group of Americans we have ever, ever produced.” Nice try, Mr. Vice President, but I had the same load of crap dumped on me when I was in college during the Sixties. As long as we remember the Americans of the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, and both World Wars succeeding generations will always have a lot to live up to.
- What would St. Athanasius say about the Vatican coming down on the Leadership Council of Women Religious and dissing a book on sexual ethics by plain-clothes nun Sr. Margaret Farley? Probably something like, “It will not be out of place to consider the ancient tradition, teaching, and faith of the Catholic Church, which was revealed by the Lord, proclaimed by the apostles, and guarded by the fathers. For upon this faith the Church is built, and if anyone were to lapse from it, he would no longer be a Christian either in fact or in name.” Some quarters might call him harsh and outdated. For my money it’s better to go with a guy who put his butt on the line for the faith than today’s progressive who couldn’t tell you which way the wind was blowing while looking at a weather vane.
- Along the same lines a certain former Speaker of the House of Representatives has stated her faith compels her to support gay marriage. Gee, I thought she was Catholic. When did she change faiths?
Leave a Reply
"Saint Jerome, pray for us... if you feel like it." Chief Petty Officer (CPO) Michael Boldizsar, R.I.P. The Curmudgeonly Recap, March 18, 2013 The Curmudgeonly Recap, 3/4/13